Adult Scoliosis Management
Some of us didn’t have the opportunity to catch or correct our scoliosis when we were young…
Luckily, an individualized yoga therapy program can provide much needed relief from the daily discomfort of our condition. Based on your curve(s) and any other physical concerns, we will create a practice to address your needs that includes:
- Weekly one-hour sessions with me to hit the ground running and effect positive change.
- Somatic movement to re-establish proper communication between the nervous system and the muscular system to release constriction in the body.
- Stretching and strengthening techniques to ease chronically contracted muscles and strengthen weaker, lax muscles to bring balance to the body.
- Breathing, body awareness, and relaxation exercises, creating mental and physical relief.
- A short, personalized 15-20 home practice to continue on your own as needed.
If you’ve had Surgery:
Having surgery to improve or correct scoliosis may leave us with a lesser degree of curvature, but not necessarily with less pain or discomfort. As such, exercise and stretching are crucial to finding comfort in our bodies.
Although a general group yoga class is not indicated for someone who’s undergone scoliosis surgery, my program takes from yoga what IS appropriate and combines it with other modalities to create a program suitable and specific to your needs.
Sessions are done either one-on-one in person or via Zoom, should you be out of state or social distancing. Want to learn more and see if my services might be right for you?