My yoga therapy teaching journey began with back pain conditions as they plague over 80% of the population at one time or another. I later went on to study trauma informed yoga therapy after learning how profoundly yoga affects our nervous system. My fascination with the pelvic floor, however, began with my own incontinence issues. I have 5 kids, so sneeze pee was a real thing. After applying the “custom practice” I made for myself and having improved or removed my own symptoms, my interest in this taboo area of the body only grew. The more I studied and the more I learned from my amazing teachers and clients, the more my passion has grown. Anxiety and back pain are things many people suffering with pelvic floor issues experience, so I am fortunate in that all my training and experience complement each other and the programs I offer.
Every day I feel grateful, as it is my privilege to sit with others and hold space for them as they discover their own unique inner wisdom and innate ability to heal.
- I received my initial Yoga Therapy training through Integrative Yoga Therapy and went on to receive my Trauma Informed Yoga Therapy training through Sundara Trauma Informed Yoga Therapy.
- I have attended multitudes of conferences, workshops and trainings, including Pelvic Floor Yoga, Yoga for Scoliosis and Yoga for Multiple Sclerosis, to name a few.
- I have been practicing and teaching yoga for more than 20 years and practicing as a Yoga Therapist for the last 10.
- I customize my yoga therapy programs to meet my clients where they are and facilitate them along their path to healing, leaving them with the knowledge and experience to continue their practice on their own.
- I am certified through The International Association of Yoga Therapists and specialize in anxiety and chronic pain conditions including back pain and pelvic floor dysfunction/pelvic pain.
When I’m not on my yoga mat, I enjoy creating with my hands, hiking with my dogs, paddle boarding and spending time with family.
Thank you for stopping by 🙂